Wednesday, April 29, 2009




Happy Friday irritates the hell out of me. It makes me realize that I go through my workweek just to get through to the weekend. I don't feel like I'm making a difference. I don't feel enriched. I don't feel proud. I don't feel all that fluffy stuff they tell me about thinking about 'the patients'. 'The patients' really? At my job, none of us ever have contact with actual patients. Maybe the Doctor's assistant who has talked to the patient but that's as close as I get. And using this 'think about how many patients we help' ploy is how they get us to keep churning out work. (Keep in mind I work for a medication that helps patients not sweat. Working a cancer drug would be another ordeal).

Time to make a change y'all. Because I definitely don't want to be in the same situation I am in now five years from now. Shouldn't the workweek be fun too? This is something that I've been working on from 230-930. To make my time off as enjoyable as the weekend. But getting through the 600-230 is what's been irking me lately. I need my workweek to be enjoyable. Maybe not to the same extent as the weekend, but it damn be close. And my 9-5 grind is getting the best of Young Benny.

Time to make change
Gotta actively look for openings
Volunteer to get more experience
Do whatever to get where we want to go

I think I'm gonna fall back now because I'm glad to have a job in these times.

Top 3 Getting off work and ready for the weekend Jams
1. Michael Jackson-Off The Wall
2. Janelle Monae-Letting Go
3. Johnny Kemp-Just Got Paid

Extra special shout out to the people around me who make office life fun and to the 3rd floor people who keep my outlook inbox full with fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment