Thursday, May 7, 2009

I'M A LATIN DUDE


My family is from El Salvador. I grew up in the pre-gentrified Mission. Not hating, just saying. I loved living there but my family decided on making an exodus to the suburbs because of gang violence. Moving to Daly City was actually kinda ill though. Cue's Records and Doug's Hip Hop Shop had anything I'd want in life at the time. Daly City and it's huge Filipino (MP>FW) history is not want prompted me to want to DJ though. Watching Beat Street dubs on 19th and Folsom and seeing Double K are what had me hooked me son. Extra special shout out to Double K, Lee and Ramo.

Some of you don't know what's happening, que pasa?
It's not for you anyways, cause this is for the raza.....

First things first we got MC/DJ Won-Way coming out of the East Bay. Peep his Ode to the Oakland Police Department here:
http://www.divshare.com/download/6835459-d46

Rudo Y Cursi is Gael Garcia Bernal and Diego Luna's new joint. The trailer looks two ill. They play two brothers who play for the local futbol club and are constantly trying to one up each other. The two secretly gay lovers definitely make Mexico proud with this one. Even though Miss Flan swoons over Gael, I can't hate, he makes dope movies (The Michel Gondry Jawn). And after an email conversation with my boss, I've come to my conclusion that chicks like gay dudes. This comes out next week Friday at the Bridge in the city. Peep game here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLEsKLXxBlg


Next up and definitely most importantly is that Carnaval is invading the Mission on the weekend of the 23rd and 24th. I can elaborate on why you should go, but I'd rather just show you. Grab this track http://www.divshare.com/download/7310090-267 and imagine these type of jawns doing there thing. SafeForWork&NotsoSafeForWork



NotsoSFW

2 comments: