Saturday, May 9, 2009

Best Song In The World

This is surrrriously the best song in the world right now. There is no doubt about it. A Great cover to an already classic Raphael Saadiq track.

From www.likeathrottleblogspot.com

This is all Cosmo Baker's fault. I mean, I've always loved Saadiq going back to the TTT days, but hearing Cosmo's mix of his work really put it all in perspective. Raphael Saadiq is a genius. Period. Just listen and you'll see. From Tony! Toni! Tone! & Stevie Wonder to Q-Tip & DJ Quik, he is just that dude.

So, without jumping further on his nuts...fast forward a couple days later and I'm driving around town bumping this CD. "Still Ray" came on and stayed on and that's when I knew I had to re-do it (now I know how Dre must've felt).
I came home and listened to it, figured out the piano part and played everything else from there. Once I was finished I called my man Miles Bonny to lay down vocals and trumpet like only he can and here it is, free for you.


http://www.divshare.com/download/7332202-4e1

No comments:

Post a Comment