Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Funky Introduction of How Nice I am

"Hey Kyle man, I will do nothing to compromise the quality of my cookies.. If you notice anything different, any inconsistencies with the taste, texture, anything- you let me know personally"- That's what Anthony said to me the day before the grand opening of Anthony's Cookies on Valencia in SF. I was like DAYAM!, what a dude. I've never seen anybody as dedicated and passionate about making cookies as Anthony is, while being super-friendly at the same time.

So I show up at the grand opening, and the place was all kinds of packed with all kinds of folks. So after getting their cookies and Odwallas or what not, some were just hangin around the store for a couple minutes then Anthony comes to the front counter and yells, "Hey ya'll I just wanted to say how nice it is to see everybody enjoyin themselves here at Anthony's Cookies." And I was thinkin "Damn! Anthony ain't bullshittin"- he is really a genuinely nice, decent human being, which is rare these days.

Since I just wasted about 2 minutes of your time explaining how nice Anthony is, imma tell you what I got from him: 3 Cookies n Cream 2 Wht Chocolate and 2 chocolate Chip cookies. Boy lemme tell you none of these survived the trip home- and I live in Pacifica, which is just about 10 minutes away. All of em are pretty official but the Cookies & Cream one stands out the most- If you blend an oreo milkshake from Jack in the box with a McFlurry on a good day and pop it in the oven, you get a cookies & cream cookie from Anthony's. Best $5.50 I've spent since $5 wednesdays at Roaring 20's.

Hey look its Anthony.. and he's still smilin
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost Quickpost this image to Myspace, Digg, Facebook, and others!

www.anthonyscookies.com
25th & Valencia, SF

Tell your mother tell your father send a telegram

No comments:

Post a Comment